"Australian issued" mastercard

Today I tried to link my Xinja card to Qantas shopping / Cashrewards. I was unable to as it’s not considered an “Australian issued” Mastercard. I assume this is the side effect of being a digital only bank?

Just feeding this back as something to be addressed / investigated in future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s possible that their systems haven’t updated fully

I remember when Monzo launched in the uk and companies wouldn’t recognise the sort code for monzo accounts. Maybe it’s a similar thing with bsb for xinja?

Or I could be completely wrong. You should wait for someone from xinja to answer :rofl:

4 Likes

@nickelslol and @chelskneale (welcome!!) this is something we’ve just run into…We are the first independent retail bank to launch a card in Australia for a long time - since Macquarie? - this has set things into a spin and so the Australian Payments Network is flagging us as not Australian. Thanks @chelskneale for letting us know re Qantas - that is ironic! - but we’ll get onto them. We’re trying to go thru the APN but might have to be direct to each institution…
Will follow up on this thread when we’ve got an update!

1 Like

my guess is you need to contact MasterCard, the bank identification number is flagged as a US credit card.
even if you go contacting banks, a simple bin search shows it as a US credit card.
good for australians who want to shop in the US without flagging themselves as australians though.

3 Likes

I had a similar issue when trying to add the payment info for Amex. However, I called them up and the employee said they will try and add it to the list. Explained to them that it was a new neobank that has opened up recently.

Will provide update once there has been a change. :ninja_emojis_blue_01: :ninja_emojis_pink_01:

Any update on this one? I tried last week and it doesn’t work but my assumption was it’s because it’s a debit rather than credit. Hoping I am wrong.

@Vikkijane Let me chase this up and I’ll get an update for you! Can you let me know what rewards system you’re trying to link it to?

It was the Qantas shopping bonus offers. Shopping.qantas.com/link-card

@Vikkijane thanks I’ll get the team to look into it :thinking:

UPDATE: It now works adding it to Amex for payments! Just added it now :ninja_emojis_blue_01: :ninja_emojis_pink_01:

1 Like