How do you do Chrissy on a budget

In the next of our series of ‘high life for less’ we’re looking at Christmas :santa::snowman::elf::christmas_tree::gift:

How do you do Christmas on a budget?

What ingenious ways do you save on all those Christmas costs - and still spread the festive spirit?
(presents, food, booze, nights out and bbqs)

We want to hear from you!
:ninja_emojis_blue_02::ninja_emojis_pink_02:

One thing to think about for the extended family is that although it’s great to get lots and lots of pressies you might want to do a Kris Kringle (that is aunties/uncles/cousins etc.) that way everyone still gets a pressie and has some fun, but you don’t end up having to buy hundreds of presents - especially as time goes on and family sizes grow :hugs:

:blue_heart: Kris Kringles :+1: @weeksy_j - especially with they have a price limit and you get a distant member of the family - makes the :gift::shopping::shopping_cart: interesting! Thanks for sharing
:ninja_emojis_blue_03::ninja_emojis_pink_03:

The biggest expense for me at Christmas is always the grocery bill…! Catering for a family Christmas with lots of hungry brothers gets :money_mouth_face::grimacing:

Last year, to spread out the costs, I bought the alcohol and food that would last (cheeses, biscuits, christmas pudding :speak_no_evil:) ahead of time. And I also sneakily delegated BBQ duties to my older brother… so he took care of all the meat too!

Key here (without naming names) is surely the Dan Murphy’s & Aldi run or similar. I think pooling a list with family to buy all that stuff in bulk is the way.

Has anyone in oz used Costco? I never really knew if that was actually a saver if you don’t eat / buy a lot for a big family and maybe it’s only bulk buying for a few events a year?

I spend all my money on myself so I can’t afford presents for anyone else! LOL. Just kidding… kinda.

Luckily for me, other family members with more income host the Christmas lunches.

I still need to figure out what presents I am getting people. Not long to go, OMG!

It’s coming along fast!

@CaptainXinja wondering if we can have a #SantaXinja hashtag for social media for when you’re buying Xmas pressies for peeps?

Like it - @nanoxinja - make it so! (or make it snow…:wink:)

@weeksy_j @CaptainXinja
Was thinking of xinjabells :santa::carrot::snowman::snowflake: how are your vocals @weeksy_j? Cameo?
:ninja_emojis_blue_02::_ninja_emojis_turq_02::ninja_emojis_pink_01::_ninja_emojis_lilac_01::ninja_emojis_pink_02:

Bahahaha, terrible idea. Other option would perhaps be #XinjaElves if you can make a Xinja Emoji with elf ears? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

:elf: & :ninja_emojis_pink_02::no_good_man::no_good_woman: = …?

Well it was just a suggestion! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Costco is a great way for bulk, only need to go every couple of month’s or so. Fantastic on the purse strings in the long-term. :money_mouth_face:

@weeksy_j @Taue @XinjaHustler @heidi_helen thanks for all your ideas - our Christmas blog is live here
:ninja_emojis_blue_02::_ninja_emojis_turq_03::ninja_emojis_pink_01::_ninja_emojis_lilac_01:

Huzzah! Just read it.