Thoughts on cards

Vertical makes sense as well - it’s more relevant for tap and go and atms - horizontal is a hangover from different days - I think we should get some peeps in to look at these designs - how about we do it like an art gallery? Let people wander around - play with samples etc - rather than something digital which isn’t real anyway as colours look all wrong!

1 Like

Agree 100%. Samples in person make the colour / card decision that much easier, it’s always difficult without prototypes.

I love the idea of a vertical design! Mostly because it is just different to most other cards out there. The card already gets a few comments because of the colours, and I think this would catch people’s eye even more so. A lot of people also keep their cards in phone covers now which are vertical. I have “charged” the card up only a couple of times to try out the glow in the dark feature, and it’s a cool gimmick and great in principle, but not really practical to use that way all the time. By the time I actually go to use it, it isn’t really glowing any more, and the soft material like coating catches all the dirt and rubs up the inside of my wallet. If there was a way to make it glow all the time, without the extra coating, I’d say do it, but this would probably make the card too expensive to produce? I think bright fluro colours would be a good compromise. Whilst I totally understand the need for uniformity and to have a recognisable colour scheme, I think having a couple of different design options would help people to differentiate between different cards they have for different uses (ie. beer money vs. bills :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

2 Likes

You could put some glitter through it too, nothing too over the top blingy and tacky, just a little something to catch people’s eye when it catches the light. Something subtle.

1 Like

I’m liking this @Leumas - we are going very blingy with next round of designs…:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m liking the idea of a vertical card. The Starling card is definitely a head turner.

I’m not sure what my life has become, commenting and getting excited about bank card designs… but hey… who know’s what I’ll be into next…

2 Likes

FYI @DuncDad - already gone…we’ve switched to Fluoro…and we’re designing up the deposit cards now…

2 Likes

Any chance we can get a sneak peek of the new designs, or is it all top secret for now? :credit_card:

2 Likes

I think they talked about having a gallery of them? @CaptainXinja - wonder whether they’ll be around at the AGM?

1 Like

I could @Leumas but I’d have to kill you. :ninja_emojis_pink_03:

1 Like

@weeksy_j spot on - a gallery at the AGM - you’ll be able to put stickers on them and everything! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Almost like I listen some times eh @CaptainXinja :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Look forward to seeing them all then.

2 Likes

Had someone ask me about my bank today because they noticed the card was so different. Never had that comment with small credit unions cards. :slight_smile: she thought it was an overseas card. Now she knows and will keep an eye out

3 Likes

Thanks @XinjaPat Pat - just wait till you see the NEW card!!! (comin’ soon - with the bank account…#gorgeous:wink::wink::wink:)

3 Likes

I mentioned elsewhere, it would be cool if we had multiple accounts, then a different colour card for each account would be handy

2 Likes

Revolt - UK Neobank are looking to launch here in Australia, and their point of differentiation is to have a metal card, any chance Xinja can look into introducing this prior to them hitting the Australian market so you can snuff the competition? For the Premium Xinja’s, I would be happy to pay extra for a titanium card or maybe it’s free or maybe it is offered free if you have X amount of lending with Xinja (I leave that to the products team to define)?

Noting Xinja have partnered with Master Card can this be something Xinja can replicate in Australia ?

1 Like

Hi @RackY - we have gone with a very distinctive card design for bank accounts - which are already in production. We gave some Xinjas chance to feedback on them before production. For our first batch we have gone with a consistent design as getting our brand out in a consistent way is important as we quickly grow our customer base. For the first batch, to save on the environment we opted for one plastic design instead of bespoke production designs as we heard being good to the environment was important to our Xinjas.

We’d love to hear your feedback when the new bank account cards come to market (pending regulator approval). I I will pass on your feedback in paying for a premium titanium card to consider for future designs! And loop you in for any design feedback - now we know this is an area of interest for you :_ninja_emojis_lilac_01::ninja_emojis_pink_02::ninja_emojis_blue_02:

Thanks
@nanoxinja

1 Like

Maybe if it can’t be done this time around it come with the IPO documents @RackY - should that happen :thinking: :heart:

1 Like

By the way guys, we have no plans currently to IPO. This could happen, but not any time soon :ninja_emojis_blue_03::_ninja_emojis_lblue_01:

1 Like

Haha, fair call (sorry should’ve couched that one!) - just a thought for well into the future!

1 Like