Thoughts on Xinjafying your PayID

Hi

We’re currently working hard to add PayID into the Xinja App so you can send and receive money easily and instantaneously.

For all the folks who have more than one bank account, we want to give you the option of generating a Xinja specific PayID, in case your mobile number and email are already taken.

Is this desirable to you? If so, what would your --------@xinja.me ID be?

Do you prefer standardised name formats like firstname.lastname so that it’s easy to find your friends, or do you like to be creative and make up your own user names?

Let us know.

5 Likes

Best option: allow users to make their own PayIDs, but have some standardised suggestions such as firstname.lastname/email/mobile number on the PayID creation screen that users can instantly choose if they don’t want to bother making up their own.

5 Likes

Agree i reckon users should be given option.

Might also make sense to have functionality to send funds to your friends based on their mob number also?

2 Likes

So long as Xinja offers the product range that allows me to make it my main bank, I’d likely cancel PayID on my old bank and continue using mobile and email.

I do like the idea of customising with something else though. Firstname.lastname sounds good but will be problematic for the “John Smith’s” out there!

How about social media names?

4 Likes

Great idea.

I would use my screen name n1shell@xinja.me

1 Like

I like of idea of randomised text strings for PayID’s (in addition to phone number or email address)
This allows for multiple PayID’s, so you could have one for your transaction account, and a different one for your Stash.

1 Like

I think it would be great to allow people to create their own username@xinja.me PayID but I think you also need to be able to let customers use their mobile number or email address as well as a PayID as well.

4 Likes

I think it would be better if user are allowed to you their email-ID as their payID or username@xinja.me should be secondary option.

Rather than randomised text strings, if we are using some name@xinja.me, perhaps for stash we could name@stash.xinja.me for the the stash account?

2 Likes

I think @xinja.stash could work too.

I was also thinking for potential virtual stashes, if that’s still going to be a thing. They won’t have a BSB and account number, so easier to randomise a PayID for them.

3 Likes

Only issue there is that if you are using a random number you may as well give them the BSB and account number and only implement Osko

1 Like

That makes no sense for virtual accounts.

Random number @xinja.me is much better than an account number and BSB, because with those, they’re just regular accounts, which Xinja won’t be offering, other than the standard ones.

It’s not like it has to be a long number. 4 or 5 digits is enough.

1 Like

Sorry! Missed the term “virtual” in that :crazy_face:
Just trying to avoid the random number/letter issue since the purpose of payid is that it is easy to hand out or remember
Perhaps we move the position of the name into the “domain” area of the PayID address and allow the specification of named accounts before the @
E.g.
cruise@propoke.xinja.me
card@propoke.xinja.me

OR we allow a dot as a delimiter to specify the account and have a default if none specified
So propoke@xinja.me would just go to wherever I ask for the default, but propoke.cruise@xinja.me would go to my “cruise” virtual stash.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback everyone. Clearly free choice and flexibility in options wins. Will post back when we have more updates. Be ready to lay claim to your xinja.me names when it comes out.
:wink:

7 Likes

Hi, just to clarify will it be possible to use a custom email for PayID (e.g. name@example.com) and to be able to have multiple PayIDs per account (e.g. custom email, someone@xinja.me and a phone number all on the main bank account)?

Cheers :smile:

1 Like

Hi @Sky . You will definitely also be able to link the mobile number and email address associated with your Xinja account to your bank account.

And yes you can have multiple PayIDs per account.

What we won’t likely be supporting from Day 1 is linking other email addresses that are not registered to your bank account - however it’s something we may look into in subsequent releases.

2 Likes

Hi @ecoxinja do you have a rough date of when you think PayID will be rolled out?

@mmees
In regards to the PayID rollout date - We’re working on it now, it’s a substantial bit of kit though so we don’t want to over promise and under deliver. It’ll definitely be in the April to June quarter. We’ll give the community a firmer time frame once we kick off the staff pilot.

3 Likes

Ideal and easiest to remember and share verbally is e-mail, allow user to make his primary e-mail to become his PayID. Phone numbers might as well be account numbers, only few digits shorter and hard for people to remember.

1 Like

@Petr we’ll make sure there’s both. :wink:

1 Like