Upcoming App features

Can we get a post on the upcoming features for the mobile app. It’ll be good to have a separate post on it. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @Rajat welcome and thank you! Latest news, we launched apple pay and google pay TODAY!!! And instant top ups for android (already live for iOS). The product roadmap trello board is here and we’ll be updating it today and ongoing…we’ll also post here with update.

I would like to see the ability to automatically receive a receipt inside the app. This can then be expanded in future to include calendar reminders for returns, warranty information and alerts, product images and links, expense tagging, and much more. If this is in the product roadmap, I have not seen it :grinning:

1 Like

Would love something like this but I believe it requires something on the merchants side to create this digital receipt. As at the transaction the only data sent to the bank basically is how much and the merchant code/name

Services like after pay can make these happen when bought through their service and Xinja build in to receive and display it

1 Like

Hi @rc-reg - thanks for the input! receipts is something we will look at in the future but it’s not specified in the roadmap yet. However, upcoming bill reminders are. Tagging transactions is also something we’re looking (which would include expense tagging). :_ninja_emojis_lblue_01:

1 Like

Hi @nickelslol yes some services look at photographing the physical receipt. That’s something we have talked about - problem becomes storage…As to digital, you’re right about that being thru integration.

1 Like

Im seeing some interesting cards on trello but no description of what they are ‘Open banking’ and ‘Secret squirrel’ are examples.

Is there any documentation about each of the future roadmap tasks as I would love to up-vote the secret squirrel but not really sure what I will be voting for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they told you what the secret squirrels are they wouldn’t be secret would they.

Open Banking is well known. Google it.

1 Like

Hey @Wallace yes as @brett says - we could tell you what the secret squirrels were but we’d have to kill you…They’re basically things we don’t want to talk about until they are almost out as we think they’re pretty cool and we don’t want to give other banks the heads up! Not expecting any votes on these and will disregard those we have. Open banking is a very boring name for what is quite an exciting development for consumers - it’s compulsory for all banks to implement although in a phased way and with different deadlines. At a base level, it means if a customer requests it, a bank is obliged to supply all their historic data to another authorised (as in open banking authorised) bank or financial institution. You can do this now but the only way is thru ‘screen-scraping’ ie: you provide your digital login for your bank account to the third party, which is far from ideal (it’s what’s used by various aggregation tools etc and sometimes in loan applications). Check out our latest blog on this which links to others if you’re interested. :ninja_emojis_pink_03: Point taken re description - I’m thinking we should add a para in the description for each trello card. https://xinja.com.au/news/2019/open-banking-where-are-we-at-july-19/

1 Like

I’ve seen some of the comments regarding digital transaction receipts and would like to make a suggestion. I have a virgin velocity card with visa debit attached. Every time I use it I automatically receive an email (you also have choice of receiving an SMS) showing the purchase amount, the vendor / retailer, and how much is left in my debit account. This is a VERY useful feature and am hoping XINJA may do this in the future.