Website access to my Xinja Account

I recently forgot my phone when I flew to Melbourne and wanted to access to my Xinja account. When will Xinja provide Website access to my account (this is very basic functionality even for someone who says they are a mobile only Bank - everyone I know thought that meant online only). Your missing something very fundemental :wink:

16 Likes

I agree, this is required asap.

8 Likes

I can provide a solution. I use Bluestacks4. Its a well established android mobile emulator software ( free ) for Windows computers. Its mainly developed so you can play android games on a PC but its well established and secure, and works well for Xinja. You do have to download the emulator so you need to plan ahead. I think there is a mac version too. https://www.bluestacks.com/features.html

2 Likes

I think that would log you off the App on the phone, but a great suggestion for someone who wants to use the App from their own PC/Laptop. Unfortunately I was trying to access Xinja from a generic work PC without my personal software on it and I wouldn’t have had time to load an emulator and they don’t allow USB’s so I couldn’t easily load any software there anyway.

1 Like

I’m using it now !. But yes not very practical when travelling or at work . I think a basic website is a must for emergency purposes. Its still 2020 not 2050 !

3 Likes

Ha love “it’s still 2020 not 2050.” We are laser focused on some key app features right now but we will look in options and (and level of interest) in website banking access. Sounds like it’s one of those features that’s low priority for most until it suddenly becomes very important.

7 Likes

I agree that internet banking will be a must moving forward as Xinja continues to mature. Right now the app is great, but when you start to have multiple accounts and loans, etc. The interface on the app may become a little crowded/busy for some. :ninja_emojis_blue_01:

4 Likes

Call me old fashioned, but since I spend all day with an extended keyboard and a 27" monitor. I never expect to be as dexterous with what passes for a mobile “keyboard”. Consequently, I find mobile devices, even an iPad, to be frustratingly limiting. Young savers might be your initial target market, but there are some oldies out there with cashed out super who are very cross at the exorbitant margins and parsimony of the Big Banks and who would like to get out of their clutches. We are much more comfortable with desktop and laptop access for even the simple stuff. And as the relationship matures…

8 Likes

Yep, totally agree. Xinja targeted a younger crowd and ended up with something completely different (which I predicted would happen and is great by the way). The roadmap (and probably image/branding) may need to be updated to reflect that.

I invested and joined this community long ago, and almost immediately was berated by another user because apparently ‘I wasn’t Xinja’s target market’. Well, glad to know that I was right all along and that user can kindly go and get…well you know the rest :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Well here’s another vote for a web interface. All my banking and share trading is done this way. It’'s fine to be trendy and all, but some of us old folk who are cashed up and technologically capable, but don’t like cramped keypads and small screens to squint at with our old eyes.

9 Likes

I use Bluestacks also for other tasks - but I worry now we’d be encouraging entering personal banking information through a third party (this opens up so many security issues - and complicates resolving any should they occur)

2 Likes

I agree if you loose your phone or broke it. We need to access it online as well

4 Likes

I agree with some others here, web site access will become a must. App-only was fine for the debit card, and it is allowing us to easily transact and manage a stash. However for someone that manages their money across multiple institutions and financial products I do that on a desktop, picking up my phone while at a big screen breaks my workflow.

I’m early 30s, but probably more financially literate than Xinja’s original target market (e.g. no interest in round ups). After beta I wouldn’t consider moving primarily to Xinja until it had a web interface, Google (or Apple) delisting your app would prevent me accessing my accounts.

11 Likes

I also agree that website access should also be a must have. For now i still keep a separate transaction account as it is simply far more user friendly to review and pay bills on a large monitor than trying to do everything on phone or tablet.

7 Likes

Totally agree! Not having web access means that we can’t download transaction histories etc and have to fiddle with our phones for all routine banking!

3 Likes

Hiya @maylin, first of all welcome to the Xinja Community :tada:
You should be able download statements (not transactions histories of specific dates/amounts etc for now) in the app. Click into your bank account, select account at the top and scroll down, you should see a statements option.

Oh thats great - can these be downloaded into csv format?

Not yet @maylin but we may well do them down the track. I’ll add this to features to consider :bar_chart:

1 Like

I completely agree with all the previous comments that website access is essential for Xinja in the medium to long term. As a later-20s user, I still prefer sometimes to use internet banking rather than mobile banking (particularly as some bank websites offer greater functionality and features over the internet than using the app). As others have noted as well, having online banking also helps users in circumstances where they lose or do not have access to their phone.

5 Likes

Thanks so much. Useful for budgets and tracking spending etc.