What are your favourite quotes about money?

We’re interested in some of the money quotes or sayings :moneybag: :speech_balloon: that have stuck with you.

What are your favourite money :money_with_wings::money_mouth_face:quotes?
Do you recall who said it? :right_anger_bubble::thought_balloon:

We want to hear from you all! @weeksy_j @two_seven @psychsplash @grum @nordicvalkyrie333 @mmees @Leumas @Xan @heidi_helen @AnJellyCue @wayno @Xinjarebel @mmees @chalkymeteor @wayno

Here are some of ours :ninja_emojis_blue_02::ninja_emojis_pink_02:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
George Best

"Cash Rules Everything Around Me C.R.E.A.M. get the money, dollar dollar bill, y’all "
RZA of Wu-Tang Clan

"Buy the cheapest car your ego can afford”
Scott Pape

“No one ever became poor by giving”
Anne Frank

“Frugality, quite simply, is about choosing the things you love enough to spend extravagantly on—and then cutting costs mercilessly on the things you don’t love.”
Ramit Sethi

"You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you"
Dave Ramsey

“If you look after the cents, the dollars will take care of themselves”. My Grandma used to say this, although it was pennies and pounds I think.

“Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.” - its attributed to Warren Buffet but I don’t have the original reference. For me it’s not specific advice about timing the market, but more about reminding me to be sceptical about following the crowd when investing.

Thanks for sharing @Leumas that’s an ‘oldie but a also a goodie’! :ok_hand::ninja_emojis_blue_01:

:+1: for sharing @psychsplash

Being rich doesn’t make you happy, but I’m happy to test the theory.

:ok_hand::nerd_face::ninja_emojis_pink_02:

Here is a quote that I just love about money. Bit long I know, sorry. Though I do wish our politicians still spoke even just a fraction like this… :heart_eyes:

“The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of Government, but it is the Government’s greatest creative opportunity. By the adoption of these principles, the long-felt want for a uniform medium will be satisfied. The taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest, discounts and exchanges. The financing of all public enterprises, the maintenance of stable government and ordered progress, and the conduct of the Treasury will become matters of practical administration. The people can and will be furnished with a currency as safe as their own government. Money will cease to be the master and become the servant of humanity. Democracy will rise superior to the money power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

Thanks guys @weeksy_j @Leumas @heidi_helen @psychsplash
Check out the video you contributed to on Facey or Insti
Legends
:ninja_emojis_blue_02::ninja_emojis_pink_02:

Thanks for the credit!

@Leumas pleasure :ninja_emojis_pink_03:

USD and AUD are at one…

Classic. I remember those glorious days in 2008 shopping :slight_smile:

“Money only multiplies the condition the person is in.”

John Gray

Brilliant @andreas :joy::rofl::_ninja_emojis_turq_03::_ninja_emojis_purple_02::ninja_emojis_pink_02::ninja_emojis_blue_03:

and has proven to be true time and time again :thinking: