As a happy 1st round investor, I went back to Equitise to commit to round 2.
I’ve invested at 8-10 crowdfunding platforms, from the US, UK and Australia, and for me, Equitise is my least favourite. Why, primarily because of the funding restrictions, they ONLY allow DIRECT DEBIT.
Why this is bad for me, and possibly you…
- 3rd party control of your bank account. YUK. NO thanks, who has access to these details???
- They don’t tell you when funds will be withdrawn. (budgeting nightmare)
- During a material change of facts for the Booktopia raise, I withdrew my investment support, yet my account was still debited by them for the funding, weeks later (Lack of correct process).
- Had a Chat to support and told basically take it or leave it, and we (Equitise) have “less churn-down” than our competitors, and it helps with our AML compliance. I call BS if every other Equity Crowd Funder on earth manages to offer several funding methods.
- The gold standard, as available in the US is funding by card, wire, or crypto - Equitise offers NONE of these options.
Basically because of the platform - Equitise, I won’t (regrettably) be making an additional investment in Xinja.
Anyone else feel the same?