Why is it so quiet?

What is happening at Xinja?

We have not heard any news in months and this community forum is not very active anymore…

Can we get some news?

@xinja_community

2 Likes

Hey @Bookman - apologies - we are flat out - but in a good way. You are right - we have been a bit quiet on the forum but good stuff coming soon. In fact, about to post a question. I assume you saw the roadmap and we’re scheduling in meetups and usability sessions at the moment so you can expect a lot more activity in the coming week or so. Thanks for reaching out and for your patience…

1 Like

@CaptainXinja, I have signed up for the waiting list long time ago and still no notification. What’s going on?

Hey @liyinhung welcome ! We are still working thru the waitlist. We launched a couple of weeks ago and we have getting on for 30,000 on the waitlist dating back over the last 2 years (ie: including our prepaid card customers etc) so we’re going thru that as fast as we can. We’re going to be accelerating next week, and then faster the week after that etc. so we hope to be thru it in the next 4 weeks. Do you have a prepaid card? Or when did you join the waitlist and I’ll be able to tell you when to expect the invite?

1 Like

I don’t have a prepaid card at all. Is that have a priority?

1 Like

Hey @CaptainXinja , pretty stoked to hear that you guys are rolling out to public! I was wondering if you could let me know a rough estimate for the invite. I joined the waitlist shortly after you guys received the full banking license (around sept 10).

1 Like

Hey @ken7y and welcome! 10th September does put you pretty close to the end of the list, so I’d estimate last week of October or first week of November. You’ll get an email invite. If we can go faster, we will! :_ninja_emojis_lblue_01:

Hey @liyinhung prepaid card customers do get invited to open bank accounts first, but we’ll be into the rest of the waitlist last week of October and should be thru it completely by end of first week of Nov. That’s an estimate …If you joined the waitlist recently (ie within the last few months) you’d be towards the end of that. As I said, we’ll go faster if we can.

@CaptainXinja You might want to get this updated - one of the first listings that appears when searching for Xinja bank.

1 Like

@bookman thank you for keeping an eye out for us online :_ninja_emojis_lilac_02: It’s a dated article from a 3rd party site, so not one that we can update ourselves. The top results that show on my search are all to the officall xinja website - so people looking for us will be able to find the correct details there!

Hi @Bookman - thanks for that - yes actually I reached out to Alison Banney at Finder last week about some inaccuracies here…won’t appear for a while with the cacheing but hopefully soon!

Hi, just wondering on the timelines for those invites, my friend had a prepaid card since January, and I requested an invite in July, but neither of us have heard anything. Thanks.

1 Like

He @djkris we should be thru the waitlist in the next couple of weeks - your friend will hear before you as a prepaid card customer - but both of you by end of first or second week of Nov - not long now! Thanks for asking and thanks for your patience. We are putting our foot harder and harder on the gas but we did start slow to make sure it was all working, and we’re still ironing out bugs etc. :_ninja_emojis_lblue_01:

Hi @CaptainXinja. I joined Xinja in July 2018 and got my prepaid card in December 2018. I haven’t got my invitation for account yet. Any insight please

1 Like

Hi @n1shell and welcome :ninja_emojis_pink_03: We are still sending out invites to prepaid card customers but we should get through them all this week. We do send more or less depending on take up rates so this isn’t 100% accurate but it’s about right. Thanks for your patience. Cam

1 Like

Thanks Cam. I’ll keep watching my email. Quick question, when my invitation comes can both my husband and myself use it to open an account each or only myself?

1 Like

Hi @n1shell - it’s only one person per account for now. Joint accounts and multiple cards are on the list but not on the roadmap yet - will keep you posted. Meanwhile, he can open his own account. He can get on the waitlist now and we should be thru it with everyone in a couple of weeks.! Cam

Speaking of it being quiet…when should we expect the next investor update from Eric ? When will the AGM be and when will accounts be available ? Thanks

1 Like

Hi @T_Armer - the notice for the AGM is being sent out over the next few days but the date/time is now set for 29th November at 5.30pm. As well as the official notification we’ll be sending out an RSVP and also Eric’s latest investor update before the AGM.

Hi; I’ve just signed up to Xinja today. I’m just wondering what the timeframe is on receiving the invite/ delivery of card timeframes etc. As others are indicating within the forum the signup process is taking some time and has a backlog; has this been cleared yet or are we still expecting some delays in this?

1 Like