Will Xinja suppy pre-fill interest details to ATO?

Apologies if this has already been answered - couldn’t find it with a search on “tax”.

With tax time coming up, could you please advise whether Xinja will be supplying interest details to the ATO so that they can be pre-filled for those of use who do our own tax through MyGov?

8 Likes

Hi @CathyP and welcome! :wave:

We’ll have more information about commonly asked tax-time questions available later in the week, but the short answer is yes - we will be facilitating this! More info to come… I’ll share the link to this FAQ as soon as it’s ready :blush:

1 Like

Hi Cathy!

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you - you might like to check out our Tax Time Tips blog here (if you haven’t already!) https://xinja.com.au/news/2020/xinja-tax-time-tips-money-saving/

Confirming that as a bank, we are legally obliged to report the interest you’ve earned on your Stash account to the ATO. Xinja will aim to lodge this information with the ATO before the end of July 2020.

1 Like

Hi,
Do we have any update on when pre-fill tax income will be sent to the ATO. Interest from Xinja isn’t appearing in my pre-fill (as at 7 August) and Xinja doesn’t even appear as a financial institution on the ATO pre-fill availability banking institution webpage (https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/In-detail/Pre-fill-availability/?anchor=BK_2016Prefilldatafromfinancialinstituti#BK_2016Prefilldatafromfinancialinstituti)

Hi @astark and welcome! Yes, we will be sending the pre-fill tax income information to the ATO in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile, the total can be found on your statement.

Hi again
We’re now 3 weeks into August, and this was originally supposed to be lodged with the ATO by the end of July. Could you please confirm a definite date. This is the only remaining data I need to lodge my return, and has been for some time. Please note that it needs to be lodged with the ATO for use in MyGov. It’s no use if I manually enter the data from my statement, as it will then cause a duplicate in the system when Xinja eventually lodges it. Please give a confirmed date you can stick to.
Thanks, CathyP

5 Likes

Hi @CathyP - apologies for the delay! We’re preparing the data for submission and it is a priority for us to send this through to the ATO as soon as possible.

Hi @CathyP & @astark - I have good news!

Our 2019/2020 EOFY interest details have now been submitted ot the ATO. You should notice this information pre-fill when submitting your tax return.

Thank you for your patience with this :blush:

1 Like