Xinja card not compatible with Beem It

Hello! I love Xinja and I love Beem It, but Beem It doesn’t allow for any Xinja debit card to be added to the app. I reached out to Beem It with the card’s BIN number (first 6 digits), and they emailed this in reply:

Our app currently do not support the BIN number you’ve provided. This may be because the BIN you’ve provided is not registered with the AusPaynet services.

So Xinja will you be getting on AusPaynet?

1 Like

Beem it is an irrelevant app with newer banks like xinja.

When they implement fast payments, bill splitting and requests there is absolutely no need for a 3rd party app

1 Like

I mean…yes you’re right. But it requires everyone to be with a neo-bank that offers this style of fast payment. As it stands, we aren’t there yet and BeemIt does a great job as a go between with some great extra features to boot.

2 Likes

Hi @kevpat - you’re right - the BIN IS registered, but would you believe it AusPaynet only update their listing once a quarter! So some services (not all by any means) aren’t recognising us properly. We are the first new retail bank not using existing payment rails etc. for many years, and so we’re a bit of a shock to the system! Bank of Queensland thinks we’re an international bank! However, we can and are reaching out in cases like this to the individual banks to say ‘hey, we’re here - here are our papers - can you speed up the recognition?’ I’ll post back here about Beem It when we know more.

2 Likes

It doesn’t require anyone to be with a neobank. Just need the bank they’re with to support Osko, which most banks do now.

@CaptainXinja Can we please have an update ?

1 Like

Hey @rc-reg @kevpat, (and @CaptainXinja :slight_smile:)

Re: Beem It - it turns out that Beem It uses the eftpos network for a component of the transaction, and as you know, we’re not connected to eftpos at this point (see earlier post here for why) , so that’s why our BIN isn’t recognised by Beem It.

We have been in touch with the good folks at Beem It though, and are hoping to figure out a solution together… though in the interests of full transparency, it won’t be an overnight thing :unamused:

1 Like