Xinja gets full banking licence & launches bank accounts!

Hey Richard - let me bring this up with the tech team and see what we can do. :blush:

Hi @brett! So we’ll be rolling out to current pre-paid card customers and our wait list over the next couple of months. :blush: :+1:

@xinjalotto months?!?!?! Wow!

Perhaps the comms should be more realistic then. I’ll stop checking my inbox now.

2 Likes

congratulation on getting your banking license XINJA very exciting!

1 Like

Hey @brett! We started rolling out to our first customers on Monday when we heard the news we’d received our ADI :partying_face: But as a guide we think it’ll take us a month or so to get through all our existing customers and the wait list. We’re doing this in a steady, measured way to make sure everything’s stable and to allow us to add new features as we go. We’re getting great feedback from the early customers and we’ll be incorporating feedback into releases on an ongoing basis!

1 Like

That’s great @xinjalotto.

I was looking forward to watching the product grow organically, but given the roadmap releases are scheduled to roll out in a matter of weeks, my disappointment was around the fact that I now won’t have an account in time to see that happen after being told it could be months before I do.

That info is at odds with your press release, and the info I was given personally by Eric @XinjaMaker . Probably better to be upfront about it.

Thank you! We certainly are VERY excited by the news and what now lies ahead. :blush:

Well done Xinjas. Take the fight to the big boys.

3 Likes

Hey @brett ,
Pretty sure you would be well up the waitlist … Give me a shout over DM’s and we can get this sorted out for you…and please dont worry about missing out on the product growing organically, we expect to be constantly evolving the product on an almost weekly basis for many years to come.
Anyhow drop me a hello over DM and we will sort things out…if its any consolation I only just got my account too!
E

1 Like

Can’t wait. Count me in!!

1 Like

This is great news.

Can I also add that I am disappointed that you want to discontinue the pre-paid card. I am very pleased that I can have a pre-paid card (which I can ensure has enough money for my transactions but no more) rather than a credit card for certain online transactions. I was even more pleased with the Xinja offering because I saved money while using it. I will not necessarily use a card linked to an account (or I will have to create a separate account with a limited amount of funds) for those transactions. Please keep the pre-paid account alive so that I can use it alongside my fantastic new Xinja Bank account.

Have to say as others have done that this is great news and I am impressed with the Xinjas.

Gus

2 Likes

Congratulations, Xinja team! :tada:

Hi Gus - & welcome! :wave:

We’re so glad to hear that you’ve been loving our pre-paid card. :blush:

To give you some context - when we launched our pre-paid card we partnered with payments provider, Indue, as we were yet to receive our restricted banking licence.

As you’re aware - since launching the pre-paid card we’ve received both our restricted banking licence (December 2018) and most recently the announcement of our full banking licence that came on Monday. This means that we no longer require the partnership with Indue and can launch banking products of our own! :tada:

Our bank account product will include all the same features as our pre-paid travel card… and more. There’ll no longer be a $999 balance limit, and instead of being refunded currency conversion fees, you won’t be charged these in the first place! :partying_face:

We’re not launching any sort of credit card product, as the only way we can make money from this is when the customer stuff up. That’s not what we’re about. We want to help our customers make smarter choices with their money; help them budget & help them stay out of debt - & we’re so pleased to hear that the pre-paid card has helped you do that!

Whilst at the moment we have launched with a transaction account, next will be savings accounts, and I hope we can offer something new that will cater to your needs like the pre-paid card has so far. :smile:

Great work Xinjas,

Is 86400 not a indipendent neo-bank?
they also recently got their banking licence.

1 Like

Thanks @Xan! So 86400 has the backing of payments partner - Cuscal.

Yep - they received their full banking licence in July this year and launched bank accounts to the public on Tuesday. This is a fantastic achievement for them and neo banking as a whole! It’s super exciting to see different neobanks coming out of the woodworks with products on the market. :blush:

@xinjalotto, thanks. So to achieve a card with a fixed limit, I would have to have an account (savings or transaction) with no more than that fixed amount in it (separate from my main savings or transaction accounts) with a card attached? Works for me if that is what I have to do, and you allow me to have more than one account with an attached card.

Hey @AngusCS thanks so much and also thanks for reaching out about the prepaid card. Please note that the new debit card that comes with the Xinja bank account whilst it is MasterCard is not a credit card - we are not intending to do credit cards ever! So you can use the new account and card exactly the same as the prepaid card if you choose to. It has zero currency conversion fees (not even recharged not but not charged in the first place!), zero international atm withdrawal fees, you’ll be able to see the amount in both currencies, know how much money you’ve got left, lock the card etc. The only difference is it’s attached to a bank account, but the account has no fees. Also, as we roll out ‘stash’ (savings account - we will launch in a couple of months) we’re planning to make these multiple, which allows you to earmark $ for specific things and prevent spending of earmarked money (without your making a deliberate decision and taking action to do so) so I think it can cater for that requirement? Give it a go! And the prepaid card is here till 1st December meanwhile. :ninja_emojis_pink_03:

But maybe haven’t launched a bank account?

Hi Camilla,

I think last time I looked into Stash, the plan was that users could only have one. Good to see you’re now talking about multiple.

Are you able to confirm that each Stash account will have its own account number?

Cheers,

Brett

Any out there got a invitation or better still and actual account yet ? Would love to know what features are ready and live/working. And get a review. Are the basics there already like Google Pay and Osko ?

Following previous comments on the roadmap it was only going to be weeks between releases. So must be second release this week or next and stash must be a few weeks away.

When should we expect invitations ? When I read your press it sounded like you were actually launched to the public ?

1 Like