Yodlee Integration - PocketSmith, PocketBook, MoneyBrilliant, etc

I discussed this in a chat with @XinjaNinja earlier today, but I’d like to repeat it here.

Yodlee is a financial data aggregator for fintech apps that has some solid support from Aussie banks among other nations, and it supplies data feeds from banks to all the major budgeting apps like PocketSmith (my personal favourite), MoneyBrilliant and PocketBook (which I know a few of the Xinja team use).

I think Xinja should try and get involved with Yodlee once they get their banking license so we can use these excellent apps, because the more fintech apps support neobanks and vice versa, the better off all of us are.

BTW, absolutely loving Xinja right now, the swipe to lock is a nice touch. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

+1 I’m a heavy MoneyBrilliant user.

1 Like

What benefits does it offer over say, Pocketbook?

Overall the concept is the same/similar but I dumped Pocketbook a few months ago as their app’s new UI is a garbage dump and they don’t support a handful of banks that MoneyBrilliant does.

2 Likes

That would be great because I am a Pocketbook user and would love my spending on Xinja to sync.

1 Like

I’m also looking forward to this. I use Buxfer, which also leverages Yodlee for it’s data stream.

2 Likes

Looking at Bufxer, it actually looks quite cool. Does it work with Australian banks?

1 Like

Yep it works with most Aussie banks. I use it with ING, NAB, Citibank, 28 Degrees, Ubank.

It is a good service. It is paid though but I found it much better and easier to use than other services.

1 Like

What does buffer do? What do you like about it?

Buxfer connects with your accounts and auto imports transactions. Then it does all the usual stuff: tagging, auto-tagging, import, export, graphs, budgets, etc. It also does interesting things like managing IOUs and shared expenses. I found it the most flexible and customisable. Seems to offer the most control, which I like.

1 Like

I love :heart:️ this feature. Now Raiz also do this. It categorizes transactions and tell where we spend more in this month overall. And compared with last month.

1 Like

Just wondering if this has been put on the roadmap?